5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders and their parents are invited to attend District 105’s first Career Festival to help make connections between school today and future career choices tomorrow.
Wednesday April 23, 2014 at Gurrie Middle School from 6:30-8:30 PM.
See attached flyer for more information.
FESTIVAL DE PROFESIONES DEL DISTRITO 105 23 DE ABRIL 6:30 PM LA ESCUELA DE GURRIE
El miércoles 23 de abril En la Escuela Gurrie a las 6:30 PM
Mire el folleto adjunto.
- Please be sure that your child has a good night’s sleep prior to the test date.
- Make sure that your child eats a nutritious breakfast. There is research evidence that a breakfast that included protein improves performance.
- Provide a nutritious snack on testing days.
- Please help your child be on time each day: Be Here & Ready. Testing will start for many grade levels right after our morning assembly. Your child will not be able to enter the classroom once the testing has started.
- Attendance is important throughout the two weeks of testing; however, do not send a sick child to school.
As a school, we have determined that a more consistent way to help students monitor their behavior across all areas of the building was needed. We have decided to adopt The Clip System. This system has been utilized by several school districts and has shown to be an effective way to monitor student behavior and improve communication.
Ideal Elementary School embraces the philosophy, teaching, and social practices of the Responsive Classroom Model. Responsive Classroom is an evidence and researched-based approach to education that assists teachers as they engage their students in academics, create effective and safe learning environments, and build sincere, kind and supportive learning communities. Although many facets to Responsive Classroom exist, one foundational piece is establishing learning environments that are calm and orderly and that stress the importance of student focus and autonomy. With this key principle in mind, Ideal Elementary has developed clear and consistent social expectations for the common areas of our building. All students have been taught these expectations and are practicing good decision making each day. We sincerely appreciate your help as we build our positive, rigorous, and successful learning community for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Ideal Elementary School Staff
For more information regarding the Responsive Classroom approach, please visit its website:
Click here to visit our District Curriculum Page. This page contains information about Common Core, instructional materials, specific grade level learning goals, curriculum renewal cycles, student performance data, and parent resources for each curricular area. We are proud to serve the children of School District 105.