District 105 Announcements
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Cases
There are reports of pertussis (whooping cough) cases in our area. Click HERE to read the letter from the District Nurse.
Did you know?
- District 105 students made significantly better fall to winter progress on this year’s mid-term MAP reading and math assessments than they made in previous years. The district-wide winter reading achievement was the highest since our district started administering a mid-year MAP assessment.
- The District 105 English Language Learners program received the highest rating from the state based on our students’ performance on the Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives (AMAO) which measure English language acquisition and academic performance.
- The Gurrie 7th-8th grade team won first place in the Math Olympiad Competition hosted by Gurrie Middle School on February 28th. Teams from sixteen area schools and districts competed in this event.
- Gurrie contestants took eight top awards in a West 40 Speech and Drama Festival involving 13 other school districts on February 28th.
- The District 105 Jazz Band earned the Top Rating in Illinois Grade School Music Association District 7 Jazz Contest on March 8th. The Jazz Band will compete in the State Competition on May 2nd.
Each Friday students bring home a collection of informational papers about things going on at Ideal and in our community. Click below to see all the great information that went home in Friday Folders!
Ideal Shout Outs
Monthly All-School Meetings